The PSR Online Forums are now active!

To become a member of this forum, you must:
1. Be a member of the NMRA - all members are welcome, but some forums at the Division level are restricted to those Division members.
2. Register using the Registration Process. During that process provide the following information: a) NMRA Region you belong to, b) if you are a member of the PSR, you must enter your Division so that you can access restricted areas of your Division forums, c) you MUST use the email address that is on file with the NMRA in your membership record, d) you must maintain your NMRA membership in a current status.
3. Your application will be confirmed against the current NMRA membership rosters. Assuming you meet the criteria, you will be granted access to use both public and restricted forums.

Webmaster - Pacific Southwest Region, NMRA

July 2016 Report

L.A. Division Director Report to the PSR
Pat Raymer - Director
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
psrdispatch
LOCATION (Required): Southwest US
Name (Required): Dispatch Editor
Division (Required): PSR board position
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

July 2016 Report

Postby psrdispatch » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:46 am

We Want To See You!
As my wife and I travel, we meet a lot of people. Sooner or later, the subject of trains, scale model railroading and the NMRA comes up, usually in that order. This would happen more often when we were membership co-chairs for the L.A. Division, but we are still out there talking trains. If the person is new to the hobby, the first questions about the NMRA are “what is it?” and “what do they do?” My answer is usually something like “The NMRA is a volunteer organization of men and women that promote the hobby of scale model railroading. We provide education and set standards.” Pretty dry stuff, huh? Hopefully the next question would be “what’s in it for me?” or “why would I want to join your organization?” These questions come not only from people new to the hobby, but also from people who already in the hobby and are aware of the NMRA. This is our chance to boast a little and explain some of the member benefits: an excellent magazine, on par with any of the other model railroading magazines out there, members-only online access to a wealth of information about scale and full size railroading, layout insurance, and the fellowship of other modelers.
Fellowship, as defined by the Merriam Webster Dictionary, is: “a friendly relationship among people; the relationship of people who share interests or feeling; a group of people who have similar interests.” Fellowship is most definitely a benefit of your NMRA membership! How does this fellowship occur? At NMRA sponsored events, of course! Now, I know a lot of you already take advantage of this benefit, attending events and even doing presentations at them. For you folks, I am preaching to the choir. I want to reach out to the members who do not take advantage of the fellowship benefit.
Just imagine a place where there are gathered railroad modelers with centuries of combined knowledge, and they will happily share that knowledge with you. Imagine tens of people inviting you into their homes to see how they build and operate their layout. Imagine train trips and tours with fellow modelers. How about a chance to win something from one of the premier railroad model manufacturers? Maybe create something you can take home, with the personal guidance of an experienced modeler?
Some of these things are available to you throughout the year at various divisional meets in the region, but ALL of these things and MORE are available to you at the PSR regional convention, L.A. JUNCTION 2016. This is THE BIG EVENT of the year for the Pacific Southwest Region, and a perfect time to start taking advantage of that fellowship benefit! You likely have already received some information regarding the convention via email. If not, go to www.psrconvention.org/lajunction/. Please take a look and consider joining us in Culver City this September. We truly do want to see you there and enjoy your fellowship!
Editor
PSR Dispatch
Pacific Southwest Region - NMRA